Monday, December 22, 2008

If only in my mind......

I wish I were here today, trudging through the snow
just for a moment I can hear my brother laugh as he tells a story of when we were growing up. I can see my sisters faces as they and I look adoringly apon him so happy we are all together once more.When we go inside there is a fire roaring quietly behind the doors of the fireplace. My sister in law would be in the kitchen putting away groceries she just bought from the store a half hour away. I would walk past the kitchen into the empty room with the piano, it seems just the piano room, I've never seen anything else in there, and I would sit down and play..... just listening to the keys coming together to make a melody.... maybe one I have never heard, maybe they play themselves, as I think of how relaxed and happy I feel, or sad, whatever the case may be. We are waiting for everyone to come from the barn, the upstairs, the living room, and from outside. Soon we all eat together like we did when we were kids I like to gaze upon a picture and go into it. I loved coming here today....... if only in my mind.

No comments: