Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bearing Testimony

And the word for the day is
~ Acceptance- the act of acknowledging the truth of
Today is fast and testimony Sunday
I bore my testimony of the truth of The Book Of Mormon
As I sat there listening to the testimonies, I felt a stirring within
I continued to listen, and the feeling grew stronger....
I recognized it as the spirit prompting me to get up...
It continued ever stronger, and I was unable now to listen...
I found myself getting up and walking towards the front
my mind was searching for what I would say.........
I motioned someone to go before me and his strong spirit started to calm my pounding heart.......
I didn't hear his words it was his spirit,
and I started to pray and asked my Heavenly Father what he would have me say,
and asked him to give me what to say........
my hands were shaking, but the words came out
I talked of a scripture I had been working on memorizing
how I had come upon it while reading my chapter that day
how I stopped at that scripture, and wrote it out as many times as it took for me to memorize it
that when I thought I had it memorized, got on my knees to pray........
and quoting it to my Heavenly Father, I again stumbled, I reached for my scriptures,
and checked it where I had stumbled, It read And if men come unto me......
Yes that is the first part, I will show unto them their weakness..... that was it!!! I was saying I will show unto him my weakness, in that prayer He was showing me it was He, who would show me , not me showing him my weakness.....
and here the scripture Ether12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness;
I give unto men weakness, that they may be humble;
and my grace is sufficient for all men who humble themselves before me;
and if they humble themselves before me; and have faith in me;
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
I also testified of how the Book of Mormon and the Bible are both the word of God, and that the same spirit is found in both. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I also testified that the missionaries found me; how God gathers his children;
and this missionary after he baptized me; was sent home
He found, taught and baptized me.... that was the end of his mission
I will forever be grateful to him
I thank my Heavenly Father for gathering me
I thank all the people in the church who have been so good to me
one family in particular the Goodsteins, have always been there for me
I closed my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ Amen
If anyone is interested in The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints you may want to check out this site, www.mormon.org

No comments: