Monday, November 16, 2009

Renewal

Miracles are surprises that come upon us because God's will for us is more creative and far reaching in its renewal than anything we can think of. ~ Touchstones~

This part of a daily meditation stands out to me, and calls to mind of a renewal that I just witnessed..... A large hole was dug in my yard, It really upset me this pit!, It seemed to me to really make my yard ugly and looked like the upheaval of my life was evident everywhere. I would find myself angry that when this pit was dug, this abyss, all of my zinnia's that I had planted this year, were destroyed in this process, that is all but one plant remained, I looked at it hopeless, and just let it die. I would always go to this pit and look into it, time and time again, there I would be looking into the hole.....so one day I look in, and to my absolute joy!!!!growing in the ugliness.....one perfect zinnia with a bud!!!!!out of the pit!!!! out of the doom, beauty.....pure and simple and true, perfectly beautiful, so every time I looked in after that I was beholding the zinnia and took no notice of the ugly pit! The other day I decided to rescue this miracle flower, fearing the day the dirt would be piled onto it, and that day it was in full bloom and to my wonderment another tiny plant had come up near by it. So both were rescued and planted into pots, and I am happy to say are both doing well, and even the new tiny plant had one perfect flower on it today......So I look at it all this way, God does give back to us what we have lost, maybe not in the exact same package, maybe this time in a wonderfully renewed form, and yes far beyond what we might have hoped for.......What a truly magnificent manifestation of his power, and his symbolism in nature, and especially in the way He communicates to each of us personally......If our hearts and minds are open.

No comments: