Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Creativity Is In The Kitchen Today

Today I made Thai Tofu and Granola

Kim's Thai Tofu today
I browned the tofu in a light tasting olive oil
when I put it into the pan, I sprinkled sesame seeds over the top
then I made a sauce of Asian ginger and raspberry vinagrettes
red curry paste, hot sauce and cayenne, soy sauce and duck sauce,
you know the little packets that come with the Chinese take out :D
then I sauteed fresh garlic, added sliced fresh ginger, and added to the sauce mixture
now pour over the tofu, reduce heat and let the tofu take on the flavors
I do this different every time, the way I cook everything.......
depending on what is around :D

Kim's Granola today
I start with everything wet, peanut butter, apple sauce, vanilla
then I put in sunflower seeds, and this is today's granola...cranberries and raw nuts
but again depending on what is around...... that is what went in today...
raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seed and ground flax seed, watch these last two, they will make the mixture too thick if you over do......stir this all together, and last add in the oats
stir till everything is moistened and spread on a sheet pan.....bake at 400
it seems maybe 10 min, but you are waiting for the first side to brown, turn and leave another 5? just brown slightly the other side....cool and store in a plastic container :)
Great nutrition here, and the good thing,there is no oil, most of the granola I have had has oil, yes the peanut butter does have oil, but naturally from the peanuts ........Peace

No comments: